Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Style Pet Peeves

In case you couldn't tell, the higher the heel, the better for me. If you can't handle heels, then please just wear cute flats. Don't bother with 2-inch kitten heels or ugly ass flat platforms. Examples to follow.


MICHAEL Michael Kors

Why, Michael Kors? Let it be known, he is my favorite designer. But what the hell is this? These literally remind me of these huge black flip flop platforms I got from like, Wet Seal in 5th grade and thought I looked so good. Save the flat platform for grandma sneakers, please and thanks.


Jimmy Choo

What. The. Hell? These make me so uncomfortable. I don't understand what the point of kitten heels are? So you can make the click of heels when walking down the street, but when you look at your feet, you're just wearing the training wheel equivalent of the stiletto? It's a scam. It's pathetic. I get some people can't endure the pain of heels, for whatever reason, but don't even attempt these sad excuses for shoes. The worst part is I know so many people off-handed that wear kitten heels.. this NEEDS to stop.


image from sociallysuperlative.com
Christian Siriano, Spring 2011

I love haute couture, and I'm always the first person to stick up for out-there looks on Project Runway when my friends don't get how it works for fashion. But this I cannot justify. She looks like a red Christmas tree. I don't even know how a ready-to-wear piece could be constructed from this? No. I will never get the really outlandish dresses on the runway. I get it's a show, but a huge factor should always be the translation into OFF the runway.


Free People

I will always hate banded bottom dresses. I think they're trashy, and usually the tops become so loose they should just be used as maternity wear. Just, no.

No comments:

Post a Comment