Monday, February 28, 2011

Fave Looks from 2nd Half NYFW

So I know I've been late on this, but instead of categorizing per trend like I wanted to do, I'd rather just share my most favorite looks from various runways for various different reasons. Anddd here we go.


Michael Kors
MK is usually my favorite designer, but this has been one of his more disappointing lines for me. Don't get me wrong, there are still some really great moments. I saw at least 3 different flashes of nipples in this show, so some fashion tape coulda been used for that. I find myself typically gravitating towards his jewelry choices (oversized metal links 2 years ago, clear, lucite cuffs for Spring 2010), but these chunky metal chokers I'm not really feeling. Otherwise, his strength with all-over color, and mainly neutral staples for fall, combined with the obvious wearability of this line still makes it a winner.



Very Calvin Klein-esque, no?







Oscar de la Renta
I love these gowns. I always do. I think of Lea Michele, an Oscar devotee, in many of these, alongside other A-listers. They're just so flawless and make me wish I was a celeb and could wear these on red carpets.


Recognize this as one of many of Anne Hathaway's Oscar-hosting dresses? Well it is!

I see Nicole Kidman in this for sure.


Reese Witherspoon, anyone?

I envision this as evening wear on Blair Waldorf. Complete with headband.

Halston
I really like the 70s looks Halston comes out with, mainly because I'm a fan of drapey shapes and almost Miami-ish pieces (minus gaudy prints). And I would wear so many of these white pieces if I wasn't such a stain klutz.







Ralph Lauren
Always classic, always chic. This is prob why MK and Calvin Klein are some of my favorite designers, too. While many fall collections host a lot of black pieces, I really like the leather aesthetic. I'm in love with my faux leather leggings, so I can definitely hop on board with some of these trends. And apparently menswear isn't going anywhere.












All images courtesy of Fashionista.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment